Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Top Eleven Best Things About Bar Cock




11). Free beer, free beer, free beer.
10). Getting a 10 euro pay rise for the last 3 gigs.
09). Watching people disco dance to "Stayin' Alive".
08). The cheers the first time I played "Bailando" by Alaska.
07). Hearing that the bar staff were amazed at my ability to drink so much beer and not fall down.
06). Having a woman ask me the name of "Cantaloop" by Us3 after I played it and telling me that she has been trying to find that song for years - I gave her the name of the group and the album...
05). Knowing that my friends were there to listen to me week after week.
04). Watching my mate Mark sing every word to "You Make Me Feel So Young" by Sinatra.
03). Seeing Irene "dance" whenever I played "Blister In The Sun" or "Dejame".
02). The look on the owners face when I asked her if she wanted everyone to fall asleep last Sat night after she asked me to turn down the music.

And the number one thing...

01). Seeing Prince Felipe (yes - the actual Prince of Spain) in the bar during my 8th gig and knowing that he stayed for almost two hours.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

David, tu historia del sábado pasado me da mucha pena... es súper injusto!!! El Cock no va a ser igual sin tu música, ya se arrepentirán... Qué fuerte lo del príncipe, ¿fue solo, o con Letizia?

Carlos.

8:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howya lad,
liking the top 11! Who's Carlos and what did he say?
Can't wait for the trip...bring it on! We don't need the cock either! I'm gettin into the Arctic Monkeys album....amazing bass riff on track 3....when I'm listeninI'm playin the low down bass, Hookie style! Lovin it!

8:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home