Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Recent Medical Findings

It is about time that the medical community releases some information from studies to prove that two of my favourite things (beer and coffee) are actually good for you when combined.

In one study in the US, doctors believe that beer may help prevent prostrate cancer in men because it seems that beer can inhibit a protein that is responsible for producing the cancerous cells. The fact that it may take up to 17 pints a day would in no way deter me.

In another study conducted in California, it has been revealed that coffee may counteract alcohol's poisonous effects on the liver and prevent cirrhosis.

I knew that benders weren't really bad for you! I also knew that I nearly had the perfect balance in Madrid: 8-10 drinks a night (most nights) followed by 3-4 espressos the following morning.

I like science...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home