Monday, November 13, 2006

The Sitting Room 002

After a good gig last Sunday evening, I have been given the chance to play a weekly gig every Sunday in Bia Bar. Last night was my second one and it also went well. This despite the fact that I was very tired and not really in the best of form. Every once in a while I have an 'off' night where I struggle to come up with songs to play and directions to move. However, my friends that came in really enjoyed it and said they didn't even notice that I was having difficulty.

I am now in the process of putting together my ideas for the night. The first step is getting the word out on the street. I am calling it The Sitting Room and will be working with a friend to design some flyers / posters this week. The idea is to provide a chilled soundtrack for a relaxing evening. Everyone is always wrecked on Sundays and I want Bia to become a spot to unwind, have a bite to eat and listen to some quality music as the weekend winds down. I will be posting full details for the night when everything is sorted out.

My setlist for last night was:

01. Jammin In My Head - Intense & Molly Duncan
02. Pure Joy - Dab
03. Let's Stay Together - Michelle Williams
04. It's Only Love Doing It's Thing - Barry White
05. Not Just Anybody (Atjazz Remix) - Rae & Christian
06. Crazy Girls - True Stories
07. Blue Lines - Massive Attack
08. Pictures Of You (Extended Dub Mix) - The Cure
09. Suedehead - Morrissey
10. You Happy Puppet - 10,000 Maniacs
11. If She Wants Me - Belle & Sebastian
12. White Lines - Barefoot
13. Where Have They Gone - Harmonic 33
14. Fucco Fatuo (Performed By Koop) - Nicola Conte
15. You Know My Name (Look Up The Number) - The Beatles
16. Paul's Pal - Paul Hunter
17. Bird Song (Earthbound Remix) - The Underwolves
18. Riders On The Storm (Pink Solidism) - Yonderboi
19. Everybody Loves The Sunshine - D'Angelo
20. Breezin' - George Benson
21. Where Are We Going? - Marvin Gaye
22. You Know How To Make Me - Two Kings In A Cipher
23. Back A Yard - The In Crowd
24. Rodney Yates - David Holmes
25. Set Adrift On Memory Bliss - PM Dawn
26. Groove Holmes - Beastie Boys
27. Do What You Wanna - Mr Scruff
28. The Force - Aim
29. The Seventh Son - Mose Allison
30. (I Can) Deal With That - Dee Edwards
31. Am I The Same Girl - Barbara Acklin
32. Think - Aretha Franklin
33. Superstition - Stevie Wonder
34. Come - Eddie Warner
35. Sunshine Superman - Mel Torme
36. Oh What A Woman - Glenn Campbell
37. I'm A Loser - Marianne Faithfull
38. Son Of A Preacher Man - Dusty Springfield
39. Across 110th Street - Bobby Womack
40. Moodswings - LTJ Bukem
41. Rhodes Royce - Plastyc Buddha
42. Before Today (Chicane Remix) - EBTG
43. Hide Me (Al Usher Dance Mix) - Grandadbob
44. Come Together (Edit) - Primal Scream
45. Going Down - Stone Roses
46. Give My Love To Kevin (Acoustic Version) - The Wedding Present
47. Circle Square (Acoustic Version) - Wonder Stuff
48. There She Goes - The La's
49. Fall On Me - REM
50. So Here We Are - Bloc Party
51. NY (Chris Coco Remix) - Doves
52. At The River - Groove Armada
53. Into My Arms (Acoustic Version) - The Lemonheads
54. Bizarre Love Triangle - Frente!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home