Friday, December 22, 2006

I Don't Feel Like Dancin' But They Do

December is silly season and the week before Christmas is just totally bananas. That's why I was happy to be playing Soul Food World Beats last night - I knew there would be a good crowd. And there was. I started out in the usual SFWB vibe by playing some reggae tunes but I was quickly given the nod to play anything, even commercial. I decided to play I Don't Feel Like Dancin' and to my surprise everyone did! A few people moved to the dance floor and it kind of freaked me out. I mean this was new territory for a Thursday night gig in Bia. However, rather than go for broke and peak too early (it was only 9:15), I decided to hang back and mix in some obscure tracks along with the more well known stuff. After about 30 minutes I played the Stereo MCs and there was no turning back. The floor was packed.

It was the most fun I have had playing in Bia and sadly I found out (after the gig) that it was the last ever Soul Food World Beats night in the bar. At least I can say I was part of the night and I was there at the end.

The set list was:

01. Shaft - Cedric Im Brooks
02. 54-46 (Was My Number) - Toots & The Maytals
03. Waterfall (Justin Robertson's Mix) - Stone Roses
04. Hound Dog - Betty Everett
05. Melting Pot - Boris Gardiner
06. Mirror In The Bathroom - The English Beat
07. Nite Club - The Specials
08. One Nation Under A Groove - Chaka Demus & Pliers
09. A Fly In The Hand - Alice Russel
10. I Don't Feel Like Dancin' - Scissor Sisters
11. Funk da Virada - Antonio Pinto & Ed Cortes
12. Get On The Good Foot - James Brown
13. If It Ain't Broke... Break It! - The Limp Twins
14. Got To Be Real (12" Version) - Cheryl Lynn
15. Fry Chicken In Your Hotpants - Clarence Foster & The Internal Revenue
16. Emotional Rescue - Freedom Dub
17. We've Only Just Begun (TM Juke Mix) - Lee McDonald
18. Step It Up - Stereo MCs
19. Holiday - Madonna
20. Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses
21. Off The Wall - Michael Jackson
22. For Your Precious Love - Jestofunk
23. Superfly - Curtis Mayfield
24. Groove Is In The Heart (12" Version) - Dee-Lite
25. Weirdo - The Charlatans
26. Rocks - Primal Scream
27. Rude Boy Rock - Lionrock
28. Sunshine Of Your Love - Spanky Wilson
29. White Lines (Don't Do It) - GMF & Melle Mel

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home