Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Digital Kicks 009

It has been a couple of hard knock weeks for me here at Blog Rockin' Beats. In early January, I found out that both of my gigs (The Sitting Room and my guest spot at Soul Food World Beats) were being cancelled. Then a month ago I found out that my contract in HP was not going to be renewed and that I had to begin looking for another job.

This explains my prolonged absence from the blog and the reason that I have not been posting. I have not had any gigs to share with you and I have been talking to the man, looking for a job.

But, thankfully I have found a j-o-b and this week I finally made some time to compile and mix another installment of Digital Kicks.

So, here you are - the 9th Digital Kicks podcast.

In order to listen to it, you can click on the embedded player below or you can go directly to
http://www.disco_dave.podomatic.com/ to either download or listen to the podcast.

As always, all of the tracks are chosen from the music that I have collected during the last month. Once the tracks are selected, I try to arrange them in a somewhat coherent manner that, while crossing different genres and styles, flows well. Because I have not marked and separated each track in the mix, the numbers following the '/' indicate the elapsed time in the podcast that the track begins.

Enjoy!

The tracklisting for this podcast is:

01. Black Betty - Lead Belly / 00:00
02. Breathe In - Frou Frou / 01:53
03. Pure - The Lightning Seeds / 06:24
04. Love Won't Leave Me Alone - Kenneth Brager ft Nikolaj Grandjean / 10:09
05. Straight, No Chaser - Thelonious Monk / 18:33
06. Capital Radio Two - The Clash / 21:28
07. Fight Academy Songs - Mission Of Burma / 24:45
08. I Heard It Through The Grapevine - The Slits / 27:53
09. Don't Care - Klark Kent / 31:48
10. Let's Dance - Ramones / 33:53
11. Heart Of Glass (Instrumental Version) - Blondie / 35:46
12. I Believe - Small World / 40:55
13. Golden Touch (Connie Prince & The Keystones Mix) - Blue States / 45:16
14. Destinations - Nomad / 50:16
15. I Don't Feel Like Dancin' - Scissor Sisters / 55:57
16. Singing The Blues - Tommy Steele / 60:26
17. Wearin' That Loved On Look - Elvis Presley / 62:47
18. Just You And Me Darling - James Brown / 65:29
19. 22 Grand Job (Elliot James Lunch Hour Re-Edit) - The Rakes / 68:13
20. Cruel Youth - Pepe Deluxe / 72:32

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger mathbach said...

well done Dave- every time i pull out my Lightning Seeds cd i think about how much i used to like that cd but can't quite pull the trigger and play it - but a nice small dose sounded cool, esp with 3 beers on. sweet mix.

cheers.

8:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home